nur·tur-ary (nûr’chər’airy) , noun
- an interior space in the home or office for quiet contemplation, meditation and mindful relaxation
- a space that is simple, organic, clean, uncluttered
- a space that encourages mindfulness and peaceful living
- a space and place where the soul can be safe and completely open to serenity.
- a space that connects us to our authentic self
- trademarked to “a peaceful space inc”
Hi. I’m Diane Pruitt, ecopreneur, practicing yogi and serenity architect. I created the nurturary™ in December of 2002 while developing a plan for “packaging peace”. I wanted to blend lifestyle behavior with interior styling in a way that would nurture and enhance inner peace and happiness. I experienced the significance of this connection during my own journey toward healthy, happy, prosperous living and I have spent years researching the connection between home and “self”. My friends and family members have also benefitted in some way in this approach.
We have spaces in our home for sleeping, eating, even watching television, but many people don’t have a space for quiet contemplation and reflection. Many of our great thinkers understood the value of this and found enlightenment in a solitary place away from the noises and distractions of our world. – Diane
“I think a nurturary™ creates a a cocoon or safe haven for transforming peace from the outside in. When we live in a clean, uncluttered, well designed space, we are most able to relax, refresh and renew in that space. It is an approach to nurturing the spirit of peace through spatial simplicity and tranquility. It is a path to transforming the spirit from the outside, in.“ – Diane Pruitt
Lifestyle Assessments, Interior Styling, Consulting and Coaching